Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 3 - The Interview Part 2

I finally finished the interview scene tonight. It was a lot longer than I expected, over 1500 words, but that tends to happen to me a lot. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a rambler. By the time I get through all my revisions, it will probably barely break 1k. But we'll get to that later :)

I am one of those writers who is always amazed by where the writing takes me. I don't outline, I just let the words flow, and they choose the direction. This has never let me down, although it changes things up quite a bit from my ideal plot synopsis that I start with.

Tonight was one of those nights. Yes, I wrote the interview scene, but it left me at a place that I didn't really intend to go when I started. Hopefully, it will be infinitely better than what I had planned, but if not, well, that's what rewrites are for, isn't it?

That's the beauty and curse of writing. Nothing is ever really finished. You could write a novel, make a billion changes, publish it, and still have the "what if's" and the "let me just change this" moments. And that is my profound thought for the day.

This weekend is going to be killer for my writing schedule. I have absolutely nothing (but laundry) to do, nowhere (but my wonderful apartment) to go, and no one (except Fatty, Skinny and my BFF) to see. Side Note: Fatty and Skinny are our cats. I didn't name them, but yes, it is an accurate portrayal.

Writing goal for the weekend = 5k. Think I can handle it? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment